After you purchase a Chromebook, one of the very first things that you have to do is to get antivirus software installed on it. Then you can make sure that you are delivering all the protection needed by the Chromebook against viruses and malware attacks. Numerous antivirus applications are available for the Chromebook users to consider. Out of them, Avast for Chromebook is holding a prominent place.
- Avast Browser Download
- Avast Chrome Browser Extension Tool
- Avast Chrome Browser Extension
- Avast Online Security Extension
- Extensions For Avast Secure Browser
Get Avast Passwords working with Chrome. Get Avast Passwords working with Edge. Add our browser extension to automatically save new passwords and auto-fill your saved credit cards and passwords online. Add Extension from Chrome Web Store. Grammarly offers a browser extension for the following browsers: Chrome (version 51 and newer) Safari (version 12 and newer) Firefox (version 54 and newer) Microsoft Edge (version 14 and newer) Note: Other browsers, such as Opera or Brave, are not supported at this time.
- The Avast SecureLine VPN browser extension is an extra installable component that allows you to conveniently adjust Avast SecureLine VPN behavior directly via your Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox web browser. This article explains how to install and use the Avast SecureLine VPN browser extension.
- You should initially launch the Chrome Web Store on your Chrome OS. Step #2: You should get to the left pane and then select the option called Apps or Extensions. Step #3: Access the search bar and look for Avast. Step #4: Once you locate the extension, click on the button called Add to Chrome. By following both these methods, you.
- Mozilla didn’t blacklist the extensions however, stating that they are still talking to Avast. So for existing users these extensions will still be active and continue spying on the users. All Chrome’s and Mozilla’s users are advised to stay away from these plug-ins as some might still be available on the official Google Chrome web store.
It is one of the antivirus applications that we can highly recommend for all the Chromebook users out there. That’s because you can get a trouble-free performance with the antivirus software.
How To Install Avast for Chromebook?
There are two main methods available for you to get Avast antivirus for Chrome OS. The first method is to download the official Avast Antivirus application through Google Play Store.
Download Avast Antivirus Using Google Play Store
Before you go ahead with this method, you need to make sure that you have the updated version of the Chrome Operating System. Then you can easily complete the installation. Here are the steps that you should follow to get the job done.
Launch Google Play Store on your Chromebook. You can do this from the launcher.
In the search bar, enter the Avast Antivirus App name. Then you can find the app is displayed in the results. Click on the name of the Avast.
When you open up the Avast Antivirus app page, you will be able to find a button called Install.
Now tap on the Install button.
Once the installation is complete, you can find a button called open.
Now you can open up Avast Antivirus and sign in to your account. You can give the Avast credentials and directly log into the app to use.
Install Avast Antivirus Using Chrome Extension
You will also be able to get Avast Antivirus application installed on your Chrome OS in the form of a Chrome Extension. In order to do that, you should be visiting the Chrome Web Store. Here are the steps that you will need to follow in order to get the job done.
You should initially launch the Chrome Web Store on your Chrome OS.
You should get to the left pane and then select the option called Apps or Extensions.
Access the search bar and look for Avast.
Once you locate the extension, click on the button called Add to Chrome.
By following both these methods, you can get Avast for Chromebook. However, the second method will only deliver protection to your Chrome browser.
Avast Browser Download
Also Read:Stream Netflix on your Chrome OS
Avast Chrome Browser Extension Tool
It is tough to remember all of your login details, i.e., user names, passwords, and pin codes. Your Facebook, Gmail, your online banking, and any other login details that are hard to remember for anyone. There is a need to store all of your login details in one place and get access to it from any of your devices at any time you need.
Avast password chrome extension is one of the best ways to deal with the situation. You can save all your login details using Avast password manager. Let’s check out the details about Avast password extension, how to activate Avast password extension, how to use Avast password manager, and how to turn off Avast password.
What is Avast Password Extension
Avast Passwords is a new feature designed to make life bit easier by keeping all of your passwords safely locked up in a virtual vault. It is much safer than storing your passwords in your browser where unwanted unexpected eyes may pray. Avast password manager allows you to store sensitive data at a single place. Avast password can be used to fill out web forms quickly and get access to online accounts.
Lots of internet browsers have features to store your personal information, but these are not safe and protected and can be hacked easily. With Avast password, you only have to remember one Main password so that you can sign in quickly without re-entering your passwords.
How to Activate Avast Password Extension
- After installing the Avast antivirus software, launch the software on your system, and open its interface.
- Click on the privacy option and move to the passwords.
- Now click on “Start now” button to begin the configuration procedure.
- Now click on “passwords overview” button, here you need to create a password that appears on the screen and re-type it.
- Now you are required to check the box next to the message saying that “we are unable to reset or restore Main Password if you forget it.”
- You are required to memorize the password or just not it somewhere because if you forget it, you can be in great trouble. Now press “Set Password” and then “continue.”
- Afterward, you need to press “Activate in Google Chrome,” and then you need to follow steps in the browser and select “install extension.”
- Now you are required to click “Install” in the browser and then press “Add Extension” once the dialog box pops up.
- After that, a confirmation message will pop up that displays extension has been added successfully.
- When you receive a message saying “Excellent! Avast password is ready to use” on your screen, you can delete all your password from your browser and start using the Avast password manager.
- Once you activate the Avast Passwords extension for chrome, all your passwords saved in your browsers will be automatically introduced to Avast Password. You can also add your passwords manually and give login details for each online account.
How to Use Avast Password Manager
Avast Chrome Browser Extension
Avast password manager is easy and free to use. Here is the complete step to step guide of using Avast Password Manager.
- Open the Avast user interface
- Click the passwords icon
- Click any menu items. Avast checks the passwords that are stored in your browser
- Click “check my passwords” to review how safe your passwords are. Avast password gives a Password Security Score
- Click on a score type to see which passwords are affected
- To secure your accounts passwords, click activate for free. You should remember one Main password to access all your online accounts. You can sync your passwords across all your devices.
- Click continue. Create your main password.
- After creating the Main password, you can install the Avast extension on your browser and start using Avast password.
How to Turn off Avast Password
Avast Online Security Extension
If you want to disable or turn off the Avast password option, then this step to step guide will help.
Extensions For Avast Secure Browser
- Launch the Avast Antivirus software. You can also search for “avast antivirus” in the Start menu of your PC.
- Now click on the “Settings panel” and go to “Menu” option located at the top right corner of the window and select “Settings.”
- Go to the “component settings” found on the left panel.
- Now move down and go to “Privacy part.” Select the password option to open it.
- Now choose the uninstall component option. You will see a confirmation box appears on the screen.
A confirmation box will appear on your screen. Click ok button to approve the uninstallation. Now restart your PC to check the changes afterward. Now the process is complete.