If the bike frame was manufactured at the Santa Ana CA facility, the first three or four digits of the serial number should be letters abbreviating the model or size of the frame such as 'XL', 'XXL', CR24, or something like that. The next part of the serial number is eight numeric digits. Freestyle Race Frames Mountain. Full Suspension Hardtail XC Dirt Jump Fat Bike Urban. Adventure Cargo Kids. Youth Mountain Sidewalk Scooters Freestyle. If a frame or component is deemed to be defective within the specified warranty period, it As with the other 3 cracks, this holds up too.For early 1980's Haro serial number information refer In the early 1990's the Haro BMX serial number system changed, the build month often became a letter from A to L. 1161= the serial number of the frame. This can be as short as one digit, ie, 911 for Sept, 1981, frame number 1. D= Darrell Kendell, the man who actually built the frame in the factory. Other code letters used as a suffix are. M= Mark Bradley who was a frame welder, a designer, test rider & Factory Team rider. R= Ray Williams.
All bikes1all have unique serial numbers.
Finding a bicycle serial number
Bmx Serial Number Chart 2019
Most bicycles have their serial number engraved beneath their bottom bracket, but sometimes serial numbers are found in other places. Here are some examples of where and what to look for:
The bottom bracket (where serial numbers are typically located) is circled.
A serial number on the underside of a bottom bracket.
Another serial number beneath the bottom bracket, aligned parallel to the frame.
Rad Power bikes have their serial number on the head tube. This is on the front of the bike.
Some Schwinn bicycles also have the unique identifying number (their serial number) on the head tube.
A serial number located on a rear dropout. Some BMX bikes and a few Schwinn bicycles place the serial on the rear dropout. On older Schwinns there are numbers stamped on both the drive side and non-drive side rear dropouts; the one on the non-drive side dropout is the serial number.
Some bikes have multiple serial numbers.2When adding a bike to the Index, it's best to enter all the groups of numbers and letters separated by spaces.
Hopefully you can find the serial number on the bicycle you're looking at - email [email protected] if you're having trouble.
Searching serials on Bike Index
Finding bicycles by serial number on Bike Index is a critical part of our functionality. When searching for a serial number, use our serial search bar - it's the second bar on our search form.
Gt Bmx Serial Number Id
We've done a few things to make it more likely that you'll find the bike you're looking for.
- Certain numbers and letters are difficult or impossible to distinguish between (e.g. 0 and O, S and 5). We treat all these numbers the same way - a search for
005LLLwill match a bike with the serial
- We split bike serials up by spaces and store each separately. If you see multiple numbers on a bicycle - such as in the photo of the Look bike above - try searching for just one of the numbers at a time. Searching for either
200910427-2Awill find the bike.
- We do close serial matching - bikes with serial numbers that are close to the serial you entered are shown below the matching results under the heading 'Serial Numbers Close to...' - given a search of a serial number with a couple numbers/letters that are different or missing.
- We do not currently do partial serial searches. If you search for
1234, you will only find bikes with serial numbers of
1234and serials close to that - not a bike with serial number of
Bmx Serial Number Chart Generator
- Okay, fine, so maybe there are a few bikes without serial numbers, but this is rare and typical only on hand made bikes or really old bicycles.↩
- In this picture 200910427-2A is a manufacturer number and not a serial number. However, to make bikes as easy as possible to find, feel free to enter all numbers you encounter.↩