|Directed by||K. B. Tilak|
|Music by||Kalyanji Anandji|
Chhoti Bahu is a 1971 Hindi film. Produced by Seeru Daryani and Darius Gotla, the film is directed by K. B. Tilak. The film stars Sharmila Tagore, Rajesh Khanna, Nirupa Roy and I. S. Johar. The music is by Kalyanji Anandji. The film was successful at the box office.
It is a remake of 1956 Telugu film Muddu Bidda, also produced and directed by K. B. Tilak which was based on the Bengali novel Bindur Chhele written by the famous Bengali author Saratchandra Chatterjee. This film is counted among the 17 consecutive hit films of Rajesh Khanna between 1969 and 1971, by adding the two-hero films Marayada and Andaz to the 15 consecutive solo hits he gave from 1969 to 1971.
Chotti Bahu was a daily soap that was aired on Zee TV. This story is a stereo typical drama (and somewhat slow moving). Chotti Bahu - Sindoor Bin Suhagan’s 1st episode was telecasted on December 8, 2008. The story of Chotti Bahu is about a simple girl Radhika (Rubina Dilaik), who lives in the holy city of Vrindavan, Uttar Pradesh, India.
- Chhoti Bahu Songs - Download Chhoti Bahu mp3 songs to your Hungama account. Get the complete list of Chhoti Bahu mp3 songs free online. Find the best place to Chhoti Bahu movie songs download list. Download Hungama Music app to get access to unlimited free mp3 songs, free movies, latest music videos, online radio, new TV shows and much more at Hungama.
- Listen to Mohammed Rafi Ye Raat Hai Pyasi Pyasi MP3 song. Ye Raat Hai Pyasi Pyasi (ये रात है प्यासी प्यासी) song from the album Chhoti Bahu is released on Dec 1971. The duration of song is 03:46. This song is sung by Mohammed Rafi.
- Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam (transl. The Master, the Wife and the Slave) is a 1962 Indian Hindi-language musical tragedy film produced by Guru Dutt and directed by Abrar Alvi.It is based on the 1953 Bengali novel, Saheb Bibi Golam by Bimal Mitra, and is a look into the tragic fall of the haveli-dom and feudalism in Bengal during the British Raj.The title of the film and the story is a reference to.
Radha (Sharmila Tagore) was the only daughter of a rich merchant. She suffers from epilepsy, triggered especially by the removal of a little doll she always carries with her. Madhu (Rajesh Khanna) was a young doctor, practicing in a village. He lives along with his older brother Shriram (Tarun Bose) and sister-in-law Sita (Nirupa Roy). A local unqualified medical practitioner, whose business got a big hit by the practice of Madhu, begrudgingly arranges a match between Madhu and Radha, hiding her illness. Madhu marries her without knowing the problem she has.
Immediately after the wedding, Madhu and his family members come to know of Radha's illness and they accept her as wedding has already taken place. After seeing that Radha's attack subsided with the touch of Gopi (son of Shriram and Sita), Sita lets her have him herself. Radha feels so happy and starts taking care of Gopi as her own son.
Years pass and Gopi, now seven years old, grows up thinking of Radha as his mother. Things go well till Madhu and Shriram's sister Paro comes along with her husband and son to stay with them. Her son Niku (Mehmood Jr.), with his playful attitude, spoils Gopi too, much to the worry of Radha. Later, Paro starts misunderstandings between Radha and Sita, that go to a bigger level because of Radha's innocence and Sita's indolence. Moreover, Paro frightens little Gopi that if he sees his mother, she would die. Frightened Gopi stays away from Radha, much to the agony of Radha. Gradually, she falls ill and her condition becomes critical. While everyone is puzzled by Gopi's behavior, Niku carefully extracts the reason for his behavior. He tells that to everyone. Everyone scolds Paro and convinces Gopi that his mother wouldn't die if he talks to her. Gopi comes to Radha and her illness goes away. Even bitterness between Radha and Sita goes away and they start living together happily as before.
- Sharmila Tagore as Radha
- Rajesh Khanna as Madhu
- Shashikala as Paro
- Nirupa Roy as Sita
- I. S. Johar as Premnath (Niku's dad)
- Sarika as Gopi
- Mehmood Junior as Niku
- Master Suraj
- Tarun Bose as Shriram
- Shivraj as Radha's Father
- P. Jairaj as Rajaram Ramprasad Bahadur
- Satyendra Kapoor as Vedji Avtar
- Radhika Rani
- Irshad Panjatan as Servant
- Chandrima Bhaduri as Ganga
- Master Ratan
|1||'Are Ghar Ko Mat Godam Bana'||Hemlata|
|2||'Dulhaniya Bata De Ri'||Asha Bhosle, Usha Khanna|
|3||'He Re Kanhaiya'||Kishore Kumar|
|4||'Munne Raja'||Lata Mangeshkar|
|5||'O Maa Meri Maa'||Lata Mangeshkar|
|6||'Ye Raat Hai Pyasi Pyasi'||Mohammed Rafi|
- ^'Interview with KB Tilak'. Cinegoer. Archived from the original on 21 September 2008. Retrieved 28 July 2010.
- ^'Eight lesser known facts about Rajesh Khanna on his death anniversary'. 18 July 2015.
- ^'आनंद मरा नहीं...। आनंद मरते नहीं...।'. 19 July 2012.
- Chotti Bahu on IMDb