IMovie Download and Install for your computer - either Windows PC 10, 8 or 7 and macOS 10 X, 32/64-bit processor, we have you covered. Download iMovie for Mac. IMovie makes it easy to turn your home videos into your all-time favorite films.
With a streamlined design and intuitive editing features, iMovie lets you create Hollywood-style trailers and beautiful movies like never before. Browse your video library, share favorite moments, and create beautiful movies that you can edit at resolutions up to 4K. You can even start editing movies on an iPhone or iPad, and finish them on a Mac.
Browse and share video
- See all your video clips and photos organized in one place
- Quickly share a clip or a portion of a clip
- Background import lets you begin watching and sharing video instantly
Make Hollywood-style trailers
- Choose from 29 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
- Customize movie studio logos, cast names, and credits
- Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
Create beautiful 4K and HD movies
- Edit movies at up to 4K resolution with video from iPhone 6s or later, GoPro, and other Ultra HD cameras on compatible Macs (1)
- Support for 1080p HD video at 60 frames per second for smoother, more life-like action shots
- Import movies and trailers created using iMovie on iPhone or iPad to finish them on your Mac
- Enhance your movie by adding titles, transitions, and 3D globes and travel maps
- Speed up and slow down the action with fast-forward and slow-motion effects
- Create sophisticated picture-in-picture, side-by-side, and green screen effects
- Create a soundtrack using built-in music and sound effects, songs from your iTunes library, songs you’ve recorded in GarageBand, and your own narration
Fine-tune every clip
- Instantly improve the look and sound of your video using one-click Enhance
- Give your video a boost with easy-to-use color controls
- Stabilize shaky video for a smoother picture that’s easier to watch
- Automatically zoom in on faces and glide across panorama photos with the Ken Burns Effect
- Choose from 48 fun video and audio effects
- Send your project to Final Cut Pro and take advantage of advanced editing tools, professional effects, third-party plug-ins, and more
Share with friends and family
- Email videos with Mail Drop when signed in to iCloud
- Share directly to YouTube and Vimeo at up to 4K resolution
- Share any video frame as an image
Create App Previews for the App Store
- Import iPhone and iPad screen recording videos captured with QuickTime Player
- Highlight features with 11 animated titles designed to showcase apps in action
- Export finished videos using the App Preview share option
(1) 4K export requires a Mac from 2011 or later with at least 4 GB RAM.
Full-resolution 4K playback is supported on iMac with Retina display and Mac Pro (2013 or later) when connected to a 4K display.
- Add a hand drawn look to your movies with 5 new filters: Comic, Comic Mono, Comic Vintage, Comic Sepia and Ink
- Import iMovie for iOS projects with support for Comic, Comic Mono and Ink filters
- Improves overall stability
Popular apps in Editing
iMovie is the video editing software for the average Joe. Well, any average Joe that uses an Apple device. This is the go-to program for those who want to start editing their own videos. Like all Apple products, it is simple and functions easily across connected Apple libraries and devices. Once your Apple devices are synced, iMovie can serve as a home movie portal. It conveniently stores and organizes all imported photo and video files. Even better, it takes advantage of iCloud and iMovie Theater program to give you a platform to debut videos, movies and trailers in 4K resolution in any Apple device and HDTV.
Personalize your videos
iMovie’s feature improves your video’s appearance and audio.
Ever taken a video on the fly? It's unpredictable. Once videos and photos have been imported, you can trim clips, add close-ups, enhance audio, and even remove sound, and comes handy when you want to make changes, but don't know where to begin. Preview with Trailers: you can make any video look like a blockbuster when you use iMovie’s Hollywood-inspired movie trailers. Each template has its own original score, graphics, and animated transitions. The transitions are predetermined visual breaks created by the photos and videos you import. To add a more personal touch, you can add their own movie title, end credits, and even a customized studio logo.
Create Movies: iMovie is one of the easiest video editing tools to use, letting editors click and drag imported clips into the timeline, as well as automatically lock on adjacent videos. An important tool is the Precision Editor. It controls when a video fades in or out by showing an exact timestamp before and after the transition. Another important feature is Clip Connection, which holds all media together when you move a clip.
In addition to trimming, you can even crop and rotate videos. Yup. That's right. Both photos and videos. The difference between the two media sources is the Ken Burns pan-and-zoom effect that photos automatically get. The effect is more engaging than ever before.
Then there's the Autocorrect button—the cherry on top. Like a magic wand, it enhances the lighting and color on all kinds of videos. It’s a huge help in videos shot on the spot where little thought was given to lighting and color. Other common video enhancing tools are color matching for a seamless filter on every frame, white balance from a specific area in each frame, and the dropper tool to enhance colors and skin tones.
Edit anywhere, anytime
Apple sets iMovie apart from other entry-level video editors by making it compatible with Apple desktops, laptops, smartphones, and tablet devices. Of course, the iPhone and iPad versions do not have all the features of the desktop version. Yet, it is incredibly useful for anyone who has an idea for a video and wants to conceptualize it. To put it simply, it is a lifesaver for creative ideas, especially in the eyes of professional video editors. Simply select the video or videos you want to edit on the Photos app. Click Edit and the iMovie app will automatically launch your already-imported videos. Once you have started creating your movie on the app, it will be uploaded on iCloud and you will be able to work across various Apple devices.
Another perk of having the app version in your iPhone or iPad is that you can create productions like daily video diaries and vlogs in a snap. When you’re finished, you can send the final product thru iMessage, Facebook, email, and other social media platforms.
Apple Inc. offers a well-organized and detailed customer support website. You can find a solution for every Apple product. In Apple’s customer support website, you will find user guides, tutorials, and support communities. You can also schedule a phone, live chat, email and have one-to-one support if you need a more detailed guide. It is important to know that Apple does not have an email address published online, so all inquiries should be made on Apple’s official customer support website or their hotlines.
Where can you run this program?
Because iMovie exclusively runs on Apple devices, Windows users will have to run on over to the Apple store if they want to get their hands on the video editing software app. Not only is it free for all new macOS and iOS devices, it's pre-installed! This latter feature exceeds expectations and offers a bit more value. Users who are looking to take the plunge can feel free to try out Apple devices on display or ask for assistance.
Current Apple users are in luck. iMovie for macOS requires only 2GB of RAM and an OS X Mavericks to edit videos. Editors who want to make the most of the program are recommended to have a 2011 iMac or Macbook Pro with at least 4GB of RAM. These devices can export videos with 4K resolution. The latest version of iMovie, version 10.1.11 requires OS X 10.11.2 or later.
Is there a better alternative?
In general, other entry-level video editing tools don’t hold up to iMovie’s sleek and intuitive interface and its vast array of features. Wondershare Filmora, however, is a strong competitor. The video editing software is an established name amongst Apple and Windows users. Both its free and paid versions offer standard trimming, transitions, overlays, and effects. You can even put together one hundred layers of media—a feature that iMovie lacks.
iMovie is the user-friendly video editing application that turns your footage into stunning productions.The final output is not as sleek and professional as that of Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere or other professional editing tools, but that's all right. This software app is for dabblers, tinkerers and enthusiasts wanting to get those creative juices flowing without feeling overwhelmed.
Should you download it?
Download Imovie For Mac 10.13.6
Yes. It’s a powerful yet simple tool that you can use to impress your friends, family, and colleagues.