- Go To Gotomypc
- Go To My Pc Installation On Mac
- Gotomypc Remote
- Install Gotomypc On Host Computer
- Gotomypc Desktop App
Through GoToMyPC version 7.0, customers will be able to have universal access to remote machines, whether they are running Windows or Mac OS X. According to IDC, Citrix is the global revenue leader for remote access software, with a share of more than 70 percent of the market.
'With this new release, we're giving Mac users what they've been asking for — a reliable remote access service built specifically for the Mac,' said Brett Caine, general manager of Citrix Online. 'For the large and growing Mac community, they can rest assured of finally having a remote access service that works as advertised from the most trusted name in the category.'
GoToMyPC is a part of Citrix Online's Web-based software that includes GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, and GoToAssist. Through GoToMyPC, users can access files, computer programs, e-mail and their company's network on a Mac or PC. Users install software and obtain access by logging in to the official Web site.
Mac OS X with Safari™ 1.0 or newer or Firefox 1.0 or newer; and Sun Java. Client Computer: Universal Viewer for Linux and Solaris™ - Limited Features. Will install the GoToMyPC software on the host PC. The host PC is a unique and specific computer. . GoToMyPC is famous for its reliability and free 24/7 Global Customer Support. GETTING STARTED IS EASY 1) Download the GoToMyPC app from the Google Play store. 2) On the Mac or PC you want to.
Users who want to access only a single computer can subscribe to the one computer plan at a cost of $19.95 per month, or save 25 percent and sign up for the $179.40 annual plan. A subscription for two computers runs $29.95 per month, or $269.40 per year. Professional and corporate plans are also available.
A subscription to GoToMyPC comes with no setup costs, free software and service upgrades, and 24/7 free technical support and maintenance.
To get the latest Mac-compatible version of GoToMyPC, buy it now from Citrix Online, or try it free for 30 days. Citrix is also offering customers a $10 off coupon when signing up for the service.
AppleInsider has affiliate partnerships and may earn commission on products purchased through affiliate links. These partnerships do not influence our editorial content.
The Host Installer is a tool that can be used by IT administrators to save time managing GoToMyPC Corporate installations on networked PCs. When used in conjunction with a simple login script or a software management product such as Microsoft System Management Server (SMS), this tool can be used to silently install, upgrade, downgrade or remove GoToMyPC Corporate. After new installations, your users must register their computers before they can log in to their accounts and begin using GoToMyPC Corporate. No further registration is required when upgrading to the latest version of GoToMyPC Corporate. Note that the Host Installer is not available for Mac computers.
Install the Host Installer
Using the Host Installer along with a software management product, you can quickly and silently install the application on your networked user's computers. After installation, your users must register their computers before they can log in to their accounts and begin using GoToMyPC Corporate.
Recommended order of operations for a new installation
- Invite Users through the GoToMyPC Administration Center interface. Be sure to paste the following Host Installer user instructions in the invitation email:
- Click the link in this email to create a GoToMyPC Corporate account password.
- Once you have created your account password, do NOT click the Install GoToMyPC button. GoToMyPC Corporate will be installed for you by the IT department.
- Once the installation is complete, you will be prompted to enter your email address and account password as well as create a computer nickname and access code.
- Once you have completed these steps, your PC will be available for remote access.
- Run the Host Installer using the instructions below. Once the installation is complete, users will be prompted to enter their email addresses and account passwords before being prompted to create a computer nickname and access code.
Upgrade the Host Installer
You can also use the Host Installer to quickly upgrade the application on your user's computers without requiring them to stop working. If a user is remotely connected when you perform the upgrade, the user will be disconnected from the current GoToMyPC Corporate session and will see a system message with a prompt to log in again.
Note: Please contact your GoToMyPC Online Account Manager to have the upgrade notices disabled for your end users. If you prefer that your users not attempt an upgrade, set the PC Limit for that group or user to 0. This will cause the Install GoToMyPC button to become disabled.
Go To Gotomypc
Downgrade the Host Installer
Networked users on a higher version can be downgraded to the 6.1 version of GoToMyPC Corporate the same way as an Install/Upgrade. Simply substitute the 6.1 version of goSetup.exe.
Note: Downgrades below 6.1 will require re-registration of the host. Due to compatibility issues we recommend you do not downgrade Vista PCs to 6.0 or lower.
Go To My Pc Installation On Mac
Remove the Host Installer
Using the Host Installer, you can quickly remove the application from your users’ PCs without requiring them to stop working. If a user is remotely connected when you perform the removal, the user will see a system message.
Execuse the Host Installer on a single host
- Click www.gotomypc.com/managers/hostInstaller.tmpl to download the Host Installer for your version of GoToMyPC Corporate. Contact your Account Manager to change the GoToMyPC version. If you are not already logged in to your GoToMyPC Corporate Administration Center, you will need to log in after clicking the Host Installer link.
- Open a Command Prompt window.
- Execuse the Host Installer bye ntering its name followed by the parameters on the command line. For example, N: goSetup.exe -s -a -s where N: refers to a network mapped drive.
- Silent Install/Upgrade: goSetup.exe -s -a -s
- Silent Downgrade to version 7.2: goSetup.exe -s -a -s
- Silent Remove: goSetup.exe -s -a -s -silentRemove
Install Gotomypc On Host Computer
Gotomypc Desktop App
Note: The install script knows whether it is performing a new install versus an upgrade. Therefore, if GoToMyPC Corporate is already installed on the PC, then running it again with the silent parameters will perform an upgrade. The silent modes are additional functionality built into the installer.
Note: If the Host Installer is executed without the command line parameters, then the user will see the InstalllShield dialog windows and be prompted for some information.