A SOLIDWORKSserial number is important because it determines the exact set of products a user is entitled to install and use. It only requires a serial number and installation media to have everything you would require to install a functioning copy of SOLIDWORKS. It is important to keep track of where it is and who is using it as machines may malfunction and the serial number can not be retrieved from the machine itself. In this article, I'll show you three spots to find your SOLIDWORKS serial number.
Jan 10, 2018 This will bring you to the Serial Number screen, which lists the Serial numbers used when installing SOLIDWORKS. This is where you want to have your new serial number (s) handy! You can copy and paste the new 24-digit serial number into the corresponding product fields. Now that SOLIDWORKS 2015 SP0.0 has been officially released, we get a lot of phone calls to Computer Aided Technology, Inc. (CATI) Technical Support about installation issues. In this blog series, we will try and cover the basics to get you up and running and efficiently as possible. Part 1 will cover downloading and installing an individual installation of SOLIDWORKS 2015. SOLIDWORKS 2015 Hot Key List 2015 Standard/Default Hot Key list Purpose This document shall serve as a guide for customers needing to identify what functions/features/tools are available for hot key creation. Don’t forget to save your settings before and after creating new hotkeys and shortcuts. ©2015 DS SolidWorks Corp. Rev 2 2 Installation Locate your Serial Number(s) from your product package or email from DS-SOLIDWORKS or your school. If you cannot find or you have misplaced your number, contact your local educational reseller to obtain one. Serial numbers vary by product type.
Related Article:SOLIDWORKS Standalone Serial Number Management Skills
How do I find out what serial number my machine has in it?
If your CAD Administrator or IT is not yet keeping track of what serial numbers are installed in what machines, a user can utilize any of the following to find out what serial number is in a specific machine.
Related Article:How to Change Your SOLIDWORKS Serial Number
- Open SOLIDWORKS.
- Go to Help > About SOLIDWORKS.
- Click on the link for Show Serial Number to show the SOLIDWORKS serial number currently installed in this machine.
Inside the Windows Control Panel (for non-Admin Images only)
- Go to the Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Programs and Features (or Uninstall a Program).
- Locate the SOLIDWORKS installation in the list of programs, right-click on it, and select to Change it.
- In the Installation Manager that comes up, select Modify the individual installation (on this computer) and proceed next.
- Collect up all serial numbers listed (there may be many as all serial numbers for a particular installation will be inserted here during installation).
Serial Number Check
Inside the Windows Registry Editor
- Go to the Windows Start menu.
- Run a search for regedit.exe and open the utility with that same name from the search results.
- Browse in the folder structure to this location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareSolidWorksLicensesSerial Numbers.
- Collect the ‘Data’ values for all the keys listed in this folder location.