Alok Nath is an Indian Bollywood Actor and a Producer. He has essayed many famous characters and is most popular for his “Sanskaari” roles. Lets take a peep into the life of the veteran actor.
- Vinita Malik Alok Nath Bhajan
- Vinita Malik Alok Nath Desai
- Vinita Malik Alok Nath Shah
- Vinita Malik Alok Nath Thakur
- Alok Nath Wife
A month ago, the writer Vinita Nanda had accused the veteran Bollywood actor Alok Nath of raping her 19 years ago! She had shared the traumatic incident on her Facebook page with a long post. On October 2018, Alok Nath was accused of rape by TV producer Vinta Nanda who worked with him in the TV show Tara in the mid-90s. Alok Nath has denied the allegation. Sandhya Mridul also accused him of sexual harassment. Alok Nath played the male protagonist in Vinta Nanda-written Tara (courtesy nath.alok). Alok Nath caught into another allegation by Hum Saath Saath Hain crew member. A day after top writer from the 1990s, Vinta Nanda, opened up about her alleged rape by actor Alok Nath, a crew member. Alok Nath, famous as the 'sanskaari bapuji' from family dramas, told ABP News that he neither 'denies nor agrees with Vinta Nanda's allegations and that 'only what a woman says will be considered.'
Vinita Malik Alok Nath Bhajan
Alok Nath or “the Babuji of Bollywood,” or “the Sanskaari Actor” was born on 10 July 1956 in Khagaria, Bihar, India. He is living in his 60s and last celebrated his 62nd birthday. He is a popular Bollywood Actor who is famous for the roles of father. He has been working in the industry for almost four decades. His religious and grounded roles has garnered him the image of the most Sanskaari Actor.
Education & Career
He went to Modern School, Barakhamba Road, Delhi for his secondary education and then admitted himself in the Hindu College, Delhi. He also earned a Graduate degree in Theatre from National School of Drama. Alok Nath’s father and grandfather were both doctors, so he was also expected to become one. But he had his own passion to follow. Since childhood, he was an active participant in school and college skits. He made his debut in Television through the show “Rishtey-Naate” in 1980. After 2 years, in 1982, he made his big screen debut with the movie, “Gandhi.”
Till 1986 he only played small and insignificant roles in Films. Lack of work and money led him to act in “Buniyad” (1986), in which he played a character of an old man despite he was in his 20s.
Buniyad (1982) Movie Poster
His work in the movie was widely appreciated which resulted in more film offers for the parts of fathers rather than the roles appropriate for his age.
He acted as a Father to the actors who were younger to him, equal to his age and almost double of his age. Alok wanted to break his stereotype father image,so he did a film Kamagni (1987) as the lead actor with Tina Munim (Ambani). But the film could not do well and was a big flop. In his career spanning almost 4 decades, he has been a part of more than 500 films.
Family & Wife
He comes from a family of doctors. His father and grandfather were both doctors. His parents’ names are though not known. He grew up with two sisters, one followed Alok’s path to the Bollywood and became a popular actress, Vinita Malika.
In the 1980s he met, Neena Gupta on the sets of a TV show and they both started dating each other. Though the relationship fell through and they seperated soon after.
Alok Nath’s ex-girlfriend Neena Gupta
In 1987, Alok married Ashu Singh with whom he has two children; son, Shivang Nath and a daughter, Junhai Nath.
Religion & Caste
He follows Hinduism and belongs to the Maithil Brahmin caste.
- In June 2015, Alok Nath posted a selfie with her daughter on twitter as PM Modi had urged people to post their father-daughter selfies for ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao‘ Campaign. On this, a woman named Kavita Krishnan posted a tweet calling PM Modi “Stalker PM Modi”. However the tweet did not go down well, Alok Nath in a response posted an offensive tweet on her. You can see the full conversation in below snapshot:
Alok Nath’s Twitter Controversy
- In 2018, during the MeToo campaign, Navneet Nishan alleged that Alok Nath harassed her in the 1990s. She also made allegations that he called her a drug user in an interview to Movie magazine. Furthermore, actresses like Sandhya Mridul, Deepika Amin, and writer Vinita Nanda also accused him of sexual harassment.
- His favourite movie is The Godfather.
- Red colour is his favourite colour.
- He loves watching Cricket.
Vinita Malik Alok Nath Desai
- In his leisure time he likes collecting shoes and spending time with his pet dogs.
- He rides in style and owns an Audi Q3 and an Audi A4.
Vinita Malik Alok Nath Shah
- Alok played Amitabh Bachchan‘s Father in ‘Agneepath’ (1990) when Amitabh was 48 and he was just 34.
Agneepath (1990) Movie Poster
- He has only once refused to play a father’s role when he was asked to play Jeetendra‘s father.
Vinita Malik Alok Nath Thakur
- In Dec 2013, when Alok was completely inactive as an actor, he got his name trending on social media as some netizens had created a series of funny memes on him. He became a huge sensation all over the internet with the flooding of his sanskaari memes.
Alok Nath Wife